Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Getaways - Peggy Darty, Nancy J. Farrier, Marilou H. Flinkman, Gail Sattler

Summer Getaways 
Peggy Darty, Nancy J. Farrier, Marilou H. Flinkman, Gail Sattler

Summer getaways: 4 unforgettable stories that will sweep you away on romantic excursions
(Sorry i can't find a bigger picture ANYWHERE)
Four inspirational stories of love set during vacation getaways in contemporary times. Authors Peggy Darty, Nancy Farrier, Marilou Flinkman, and Gail Sattler weave enchanting tales that you will want to take along on your own getaway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Overall, It's an okay book. All the stories seemed to go the same way, not to mention the characters in every story have a lot of similarities. All of these stories 

just moved way too fast and I know there could only be so many pages/chapters but I think they rushed things a little too much. Spring in Paris and Sudden Showers seemed to be most natural and not as rushed as the other two.



Spring in Paris

I was not impressed. Without giving away the details I think some of her choices were unsafe especially for a younger woman alone in a foreign country.

The Rock Wall
I really like how the characters were on a bike tour of England I thought it was unique and different (you don't read about biking everyday!) but I found the book to be just a little to cliche for me with the character who is the cliche 'jealous girlfriend' who sabotages the girl she thinks is trying to steal her boyfriend but really the girl is innocent in her intentions and she is the childhood friend that moved away and the guy starts to like her and realizes what kind of person his girlfriend (the woman he was going to propose to on the trip) really is. It gets really cliche and predictable at the end. If you can get passed the cliches the story was pretty great. 

The River Runners
This was another one that I thought was a little different  I didn't think it was very realistic based on the fact that the main character talks about God while rafting. Unless you worked for a christian based company you would get fired/reprimanded pretty quick. So I thought this book was okay at first but they had known each other TWO weeks and he was already mentioning moving close to where the main character lived. If you didn't think that was soon enough just a few days later he was asking the main characters uncle if he could marry her! They met TWO WEEKS ago! I was not very impressed with this one.

Sudden Showers
I had issues in just the first few pages. First he calls her Miss (he doesn't know if she is married or not so the author should have used Ms.) and then he walks her home, now I don't really want to put my own personal opinion in this review (though I know I already have) but I would not want a man who is a stranger to walk me home and learn where I live there are some really creepy people out there nowadays. I liked the idea of sightseeing and vacationing in your own town so I enjoyed this story a lot.

Pages: 346

No comments:

Post a Comment