Monday, August 5, 2013

Gallagher Girl Read-a-thon!

So to start off the read-a-thon I thought I would make a post about the GG series. This is a series very near and dear to me ever since I started reading it back in the summer of '08 (I believe) when there were only two books in the series and I CANNOT wait for the new book coming out in just a little more than a month (I will be getting the B&N hardcover so I will get the little extra epilogue) and her newest series about an ambassador's granddaughter.

It's funny how when you look at my books it's like a gradient of how worn or as I like to say loved they are based on how old they are. Most of them are more loved around the corner and edges but some of the pages are bent and folded in places too but I have try to take care of them like I do with all of my books.


I actually love the British covers more than the American cover because the British covers are like pieces of the uniform whereas the American cover is different colors to show it's a different book (there's a few more differences than that but that's the easiest way to put it.)

I even made a bookmark in celebration of the RAT and I picked yellow and blue since the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women badge (patch?) is blue. So this is the bookmark I will be using for the RAT. You may not know I believe the bookmark you use is just as important as the actual book (and I love them just as much too!)
[gallagher+academy+badge.jpg]


I am a big fan of Ally Carter's books and I have read all of her YA books (I'm hoping to find her adult books at used book stores since they are no longer printed) and I even met her once at a book signing and she signed my book and I got a few pictures but she signed HS 2 since it was actually the day the book came out but I can make another post with all of the details and little stories that I took back from that day (Ally is a lot prettier in person!)

Be sure to check out Books As You Know It since they are the lovely hosts of the RAT

Please take note that due to a family emergency my reviews may be a few days late so please be patient.


Happy reading!
Baylee

No comments:

Post a Comment